A stupid newbie question about output...

J dreadpiratejeff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:02:09 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 14:53, Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> wrote:

> osVer = "%s Service Pack %d" % (os.Name.split("|")[0],
>        os.ServicePackMajorVersion)
>
> This way, osVer is a string, and not a tuple.

Thanks for the help...

The tuple thing is a new concept to me... at least the vocabulary is,
I'll go look that up now and learn info on tuples. It's been ages
since I did any python programming, and even back then it was fairly
simple stuff (this was about 9 years ago)... so I'm relearning by
working on this little project.

I also forgot that you can do printf style output too... that helps a
lot and is something I need to write on my forehead or something :-)

--

Stephen Leacock  - "I detest life-insurance agents: they always argue
that I shall some day die, which is not so." -