slightly OT - newbie Objective-C resources for experienced Python users

J Peyret jpeyret at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 18:34:32 EDT 2009

I'm starting to look at the iPhone SDK and I'd like to know of
resources on the Net that approach that language with a Pythonic
mindset.  Mind you, I want to code Objective-C, not pine about Python
not being on the iPhone either.  The kind of elegant simple code that
a good Python coder who also knows C well would code in C.

For example, valueForKey seems to map well to dynamic coding a la
__getattr__, but a Java programmer would be all over the getter/
setters, design patterns and frameworks instead.  I want to know about
simplicity, introspection and dynamic stuff, not Java-translated-to-
Objective-C.

Any recommendations?