Web development with Python 3.1

Paul Rubin http
Sun Oct 25 20:41:37 EDT 2009

Alan Harris-Reid <alan at baselinedata.co.uk> writes:
> I am very much new to Python, and one of my first projects is a simple
> data-based website. I am starting with Python 3.1 (I can hear many of
> you shouting "don't - start with 2.6"), but as far as I can see, none
> of the popular python-to-web frameworks (Django, CherryPy, web.py,
> etc.) are Python3 compatible yet.
>
> So, what can I use to start my web programming experience using 3.1?

Does it occur to you that the unavailability of those frameworks is
part of the REASON they say to use 2.x?  Have you answered your own
question?

Anyway, for simple web programming, frameworks are not worth the
hassle.  Just use the cgi module.

If you want to use a framework, well, you are the one who decided to
zoom off into the 3.1 wilderness before the framework developers got
there.  If you're an experienced programmer in other languages and
you're determined to use a framework, maybe a worthwhile Python
learning project would be to help port your favorite framework to 3.1.