Python GUI

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sun Oct 25 22:53:18 EDT 2009

On 2009-10-26, Philip Semanchuk <philip at semanchuk.com> wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Ronn Ross wrote:
>
>> I need to create a gui for python. I'm looking for something that is
>> easy to
>> learn and cross platform. Any suggestions? If you have any good
>> tutorials
>> please send along. Thanks in advance.
>
> wxPython (which wraps wxWidgets) is popular and IMO reasonably well
> laid out.

I wouldn't call wxPython easy to learn.  (It is, however, what
I use when I need a cross-platform GUI.) IMO, Tkinter is much
easier to learn. But, it doesn't use native widgets, so Tkinter
apps look like Tkinter apps rather than like other native apps.

> I hear great things about PyQt (which wraps QT) but I haven't
> used it. PySide is a new wrapper for QT that has generated a
> lot of excitement but is still its infancy, I think.

I've always intended to look into pyFLTK, but have never had
time to do more than a simple "hello world" program.

--
Grant