urllib.FTP.stor...() freeze mystery

Anthra Norell anthra.norell at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 26 16:59:44 EDT 2009

Hi,
   I made a bunch of web pages and am now trying to upload them to a
hosting service. I have an ftplib.FTP object that connects just fine. It
calls storbinary () and storlines () (as appropriate) inside a loop
iterating through my html and jpg files. Calling either of the stor...
methods from the IDLE command line works beautifully. The loop, however,
freezes after exactly seven successful passes. Ctrl-C doesn't stop the
freeze. I have to open a new IDLE window and start over. A second
attempt failed the exact same way. Could there be a limit on open files
on the server side and the files I upload not closing for some reason?
Knowing little more than nothing about communicating with a server I am
totally fazed and will be most grateful for expert suggestions.

Frederic