ANN: WHIFF += Mako & treeview & url rewrites

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at
Tue Oct 27 12:18:36 CET 2009

On Oct 27, 7:04 am, Paul Boddie <p... at> wrote:
> On 27 Okt, 03:49, Aaron Watters <aaron.watt... at> wrote:
> > WHIFF now includes components for
> > implementing "tree views" for web navigation panes
> > or other purposes, either using AJAX or frame
> > reloads.  Try the GenBank demo at
> >
> This looks interesting, but when I have JavaScript switched off, I get
> a big traceback page which indicates that the application doesn't
> understand the normal link on each of the nodes of the tree. I imagine
> that the ideas is to have the application functional with and without
> JavaScript, which is a worthy objective forgotten by many Web
> developers these days.
> Paul

That exact application

cannot be implemented with javascript
turned off.  You can implement something
kinda similar... hmmmm....

These days I would guess you are pretty
limited without javascript, no?  For example
I don't think the instructional support web
sites at Rutgers will work properly without

By the way tracebacks are on for debugging
purposes, they can be turned off, of course.

  -- Aaron Watters