Pause a thread/ execfile()

Aahz aahz at
Tue Oct 27 20:52:54 CET 2009

In article <352fe298-75b1-4bc3-aca0-ecd0165f53b5 at>,
Babloo  <pruthviraj.pb at> wrote:
>i have a small python application with GUI (frontend) which has
>various functions. I have a "RUN" button which runs python scripts in
>the background . It basically calls execfile() function internally
>which runs in a thread ,  to run the python script .
>I want to implement a "PAUSE" feature which would pause the running
>python script . So do that i have to either pause the thread in which
>execfile() runs or pause execfile itself .

You might be able to get something useful out of Python's debugger hooks
(create some kind of callback).
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"You could make Eskimos emigrate to the Sahara by vigorously arguing --
at hundreds of screens' length -- for the wonder, beauty, and utility of
snow."  --PNH to rb in r.a.sf.f