unicode and dbf files

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Wed Oct 28 00:59:06 EDT 2009

John Machin wrote:
> There may possibly different interpretations of a codepage out there
> somewhere, but they are all *intended* to be the same, and I advise
> you to cross the different-cp437s bridge *if* it exists and you ever
> come to it.
>
> Have you got access to files with LDID not in (0, 1) that you can try
> out?

Alas, I do not.  And I probably never will, making the whole thing academic.

Speaking of tables I do not have access to, and documentation for that
matter, I would love to get information on db4, 5, 7, etc.

Many thanks for your time and knowledge, and my apologies for seeming so
dense.  :)

Cheers!

~Ethan~