display of data-figures in histogram

ankita dutta ankita.dutta09 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 01:30:38 EDT 2009

hi all,

I am working on some graph stuffs and stuck at a point.

I am trying to plot a histogram using simple :

*import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
.
.
plt.hist(x,bins=10,histtype='bar')
plt.show
*
but i want to know

1) what is the value of a particular bar in histogram and also want to print
in on output image along with the bars ( either at top of bar or at bottom)*

*2) How to give input of 2 types of dataset in single  hist() command , so
that i can compare 2 different dataset side by side on my output image. ( i
dont want it on top of each other  as given by the command     *histtype*: [
‘barstacked’]   )

thanx

ankita