Question on PEP 337

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 10:11:12 EDT 2009

Gabor Urban <urbangabo <at> gmail.com> writes:

> this PEP is very well written, and I have found the discussion inspiring.
>
> Every time I use the logging module, I have the configuration hardcoded in
> the application. That is why I never used the configuration file based
> approach. Now I will give it a try.....

Are you talking about PEP 337 (Logging Usage in the Standard Library) or PEP 391
(Dictionary-Based Configuration For Logging) ? Based on the body of your post
(rather than the title) you would appear to be talking about 391 rather than 337.

PEP 337 is about changing the stdlib to make more use of logging internally.

PEP 391 is about a new configuration approach for logging, using dicts.

Regards,

Vinay Sajip