IDLE python shell freezes after running show() of matplotlib

OKB (not okblacke) brenNOSPAMbarn at NObrenSPAMbarn.net
Wed Oct 28 14:41:40 EDT 2009

Forrest Sheng Bao wrote:

> I am having a weird problem on IDLE. After I plot something using show
> () of matplotlib, the python shell prompt in IDLE just freezes that I
> cannot enter anything and there is no new ">>>" prompt show up. I
> tried ctrl - C and it didn't work. I have to restart IDLE to use it
> again.
>
> My system is Ubuntu Linux 9.04. I used apt-get to install IDLE.

    	I believe this is the intended behavior.  Look in matplotlib
documentation on the difference between interactive and non-interactive
modes.

--
--OKB (not okblacke)
Brendan Barnwell