Feedback wanted on programming introduction (Python in Windows)

Dann Corbit dcorbit at connx.com
Wed Oct 28 16:15:02 EDT 2009

In article <pan.2009.10.28.07.31.07 at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au>,
steven at REMOVE.THIS.cybersource.com.au says...

> On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 07:52:17 +0100, Alf P. Steinbach wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately Google docs doesn't display the nice table of contents in
> > each document, but here's the public view of ch 1 (complete) and ch 2
> > (about one third completed, I've not yet settled on a title so it's just
> > chapter "asd"):
> >
> >      http://preview.tinyurl.com/progintro
>
> Unfortunately Google wants me to change my browser, accept a privacy
> breach (cookies), and open a moderately large security hole in my browser
> (Javascript). Any one of these on its own, and I wouldn't mind; two of
> them, and I'd give it some thought; but all three, well, no thank you.
>

> I don't suppose you have these chapters available on a public website in
> an open document format like .odt or similar? Or even better, plain text
> with markup?

You can read PDF with the ghostscript stuff or the free Adobe stuff.

A man who cannot read .pdf or .ps in today's computer science world is a
crippled man (IMO-YMMV).

I couldn't live without citeseer, and almost all university computer
science papers are in either pdf or ps.

I can send you the documents via email if you are unable to collect
them.