ImportError: No module named _md5 - please help

wadi wadi wadienil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 12:39:50 EDT 2009

Hi Garrick,

My python script depends on another framework that is implemented in python.
The error is originating from the framework code note my script and I cannot
change the framework.

Also, it works on other machines. So my guess is that I have no choice I
need to install the 'py25-hashlib' on my current box.
Any idea?

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Falcolas <garrickp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 29, 9:13 am, user7304 <wadie... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to run a python script and got this error.

> > Googling the problem suggested that I install the 'py25-hashlib'.
> >
> > the following does not work for me 'sudo port install py25-hashlib' ,
> > trying to install MacPorts raised many problems.
> >
> > My question is: any idea on how to install it using yum?
> > I am running python 2.6.2 on a centos machine.
> >
> > Many thanks for your help.
>
> Try using hashlib.md5. From the docs:

> '\xbbd\x9c\x83\xdd\x1e\xa5\xc9\xd9\xde\xc9\xa1\x8d\xf0\xff\xe9'
>
> http://www.python.org/doc/2.5.2/lib/module-hashlib.html
>
> Garrick
> --

Wadienil.