Feedback wanted on programming introduction (Python in Windows)

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Fri Oct 30 00:01:20 EDT 2009

* alex23:
> "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:
>> However, given what I've now learned about the current situation wrt. versions
>> of Python, where Python 3.x is effectively a new language, and where apparently
>> ActiveState has no installer for that, I'm rewriting to use the "official"
>> distribution.
>
> I hope the rest of your research is a little more thorough:
>
> "Current releases of ActivePython are 2.6.3.7, 3.1.1.2, and 2.5.4.4."
>
> From: http://www.activestate.com/activepython/

Thanks.

Several others have already mentioned the same else-thread, but thanks anyway! :-)

And no, I didn't do any research on that. If it mattered more (e.g. appearing as
statement in the text) I'd have done that. The nice thing about Usenet is that
people rush in to correct things. ;-) <url: http://xkcd.com/386/>

Cheers,

- Alf