import problem in tkinter

Jebegnana das jaba_mca at yahoo.co.in
Fri Oct 30 05:31:22 EDT 2009

import _tkinter # If this fails your Python may not be configured for Tk

I'm using python3 in linux. In windows tkinter is working fine but in
mandriva linux spring 2009 it fails to import. Can you please tell me
step-by-step on how to fix this issue? In python3.1 home page the
description is not clear or it can't be understood by the beginner. As
i'm a beginner for programming python in linux please help me out. I
want to know what is the thing i missed during installation. I've done
the things correctly as mentioned in the python readme text inside the
python3.1 tarball file. While searching the net i found out that if i
want to fix this issue i've to uninstall and install it again. what
should i do now?

With Regards,
Jebagnana Das.A,
Mob : +91-9843828383