Python library "support" propaganda lists?

Aaron Watters aaron.watters at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:37:13 EDT 2009

On Oct 30, 12:51 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-10-30 11:31 AM, Aaron Watters wrote:
>
> > I know this may be due to simple laziness and negligence,
> > but in that case they should turn moderation off.
>
> That's the funny thing about mailing list problems. If a misconfiguration means
> people can't post to your, you don't hear from the people having problems. Try
> emailing one of the project leaders directly (and politely!) to ask them to
> check their moderation queue for your post. And check Spamhaus to see if your
> mail host is on their list!
>
> > I don't want to say where I've had this problem,
> > because I don't want to offend anyone in particular
> > -- I'm just making a general observation.
>
> No, you're not. You're making unsupported accusations of malfeasance.

I don't mean to accuse anyone of anything.
I just want to note that any manipulation of
list content, *if* it ever occurs, is not
acceptable (aside from spam filtering).
Of course I can never prove anything along
these lines and any naming will only result
in creating life long enemies, and no benefit
to me of any kind.

You are right that misconfigurations and incompetence
could be confused with mailing list content
manipulation.  I have tried "directly contact the owner" too in
at least one case that I can think of and received no
response -- maybe the fellow was too busy, or sick
or dead or something (but still active on the same
mailing list, somehow).
   -- Aaron Watters

===
He's a humble man, with good reason.