Python RPG Codebase

Jack Diederich jackdied at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:46:16 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Lanny <lan.rogers.book at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been thinking about putting together a text based RPG written
> fully in Python, possibly expanding to a MUD system. I'd like to know
> if anyone feels any kind of need for this thing or if I'd be wasting
> my time, and also if anyone would be interested in participating,
> because of the highly modular nature of any RPG it should make for
> easy cooperation.

You might not be aware that twisted (the popular asynchronous TCP/IP
server) was started as a MUD project.  It grew to do many other things
but Gylph still hacks on his MUD code in fits and starts (interesting
stuff too, not your typical LPC/Mush/MOO/Diku codebase).  There are
also a couple pure-python MUD clients if you're into that kind of
thing.

I still follow this stuff in passing because I learned more in
undergrad hacking LPC than I did in my classes proper (probably
because I spent hundreds of hours in class but thousands of hours
writing LPC).

-Jack