Persistent Distributed Objects

bouncyinc at gmail.com bouncyinc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 23:39:07 EDT 2009

Sorry about being interpreted as being vague. `et me try to narrow it down. program a creates objects b c d which each need to use 1 disk space 2 ram 3 processor time. I would like to create a heckpoint which would save the work of the object to be later used and then delete it from memory [which I assume from reading about them implimented elsewhere is more or less how they work]. The other part would be to assign the objects via a network depending on the number of network machines. I.e. suppose b c and d see machines e f g on a network they can send those machines objects b c and d and have any work saved on the main machine or local ones. What I was wondering is how would I do that in python. The arbitrary part could be no more complicated than a program where b is calculating a list of prime numbers from x to infinity c is just a notepad program and d is a program that prints say the size of the file as youi type it and says " I like writing a poem of [bytes big] while my computer foun ou that [new prime] is the biggest on [machines #] computers.    Rmi supposedly does this for the distribuited part.     Object persistence does this for saving to the best of what I`ve seen nothing distributes and saved at the same time.      Does that help?

The death of one man is a tragedy. The death of ten million is a statistic--- Joseph Stalin