Web development with Python 3.1

Alan Harris-Reid alan at baselinedata.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 20:56:37 EDT 2009

Hi Paul, thanks for the reply (despite the sarcasm ;-) ),

 >Does it occur to you that the unavailability of those frameworks is
part of the REASON they say to use 2.x?
Of course, but that doesn't mean that there isn't someone out there who
may know of a framework that is already Python3 compatible, or is being
worked-on.

 >Have you answered your own question?
No

 >Anyway, for simple web programming, frameworks are not worth the
hassle. Just use the cgi module.
Ok - I'll look into it.

 >... you are the one who decided to zoom off into the 3.1 wilderness
before the framework developers got there.
I haven't zoomed-off anywhere yet - in fact I've hardly started.  I made
the decision to start with 3.1 based on the fact that it was the latest
version, and hoping that there may be some framework stuff out there
(because 3.0 has been out for a while now).  However, it looks as though
I might have to review that decision, but what I've learned so far is
pretty simple stuff, so it won't be wasted.

Regards,
Alan