Web development with Python 3.1

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Wed Oct 28 05:56:17 EDT 2009

Dotan Cohen a écrit :
>> A webframework is *written* in python. Your whole line of argumentation
>> boils down to "I can write things myself in python, why use
>> libraries/frameworks". Yes. You can also delete your standard-lib, and code
>> everything in there yourself - with the same argument.
>>
>> Using a framework is about proven solutions for common problems, letting you
>> focus on working on your actual application code.
>>

> While I know that to be true in the general sense, from what I've
> looked at Django and other frameworks it seems that the web frameworks
> push the coder to use templates, not letting him near the HTML.

Well... there must be a reason, for sure... No ?

> Django and the other frameworks seem to
> force the user to use templates.

Not at all. Nothing prevents you from shooting yourself in the foot and
generating HTML "by hand" in your view functions (or request handler
methods etc, depending on the framework). This is just plain stupid wrt/
  readability, maintainability, reuse and whatnot, but hey, if you want
to waste your time, please do. As far as i'm concerned, I'm very happy
to let the HTML coder write the HTML part and the application programmer
write the applicative part - even when I end up wearing both caps.

> I just want the functions, and to
> print the HTML as stdout to the  browser making the request. I had to
> settle on PHP to do this,

Why so ? Almost any programming language can do CGI.