Sqlite3. Substitution of names in query.

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 20:12:19 EDT 2009

Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <mailman.2376.1257005738.2807.python-list at python.org>, Carsten
> Haese wrote:
>
>> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>>> Mixing the two is another recipe for confusion and mistakes.
>> Mixing the two is necessary.
>> As long as you understand what you're doing, there should be no confusion.
>> (And if you don't understand what you're doing, you shouldn't be doing
>> it!)
>
> But if you understand what you're doing, you don't need to mix the two.

Are we talking about the same thing here? I thought we're talking about
string interpolation and parameter binding, and I explained that mixing
those two is necessary if you have a query in which the "movable" bits
are identifiers or other syntax elements.

On what grounds are you asserting that it's not necessary to mix the
two? Please elaborate your point.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net