[OT] evolution [was Re: An assessment of the Unicode standard]

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Wed Sep 2 07:16:37 EDT 2009

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
<cut very good reasoning>
I'd like to add the following:

It is an intriguing human trade to attribute emotions and reasons to
things that have none. Intriguing because I haven't observed yet that it
provides an advantage, but it happens so often that I can't exclude it
either.

I find that evolution makes more sense _to_me_ if I see it in the
following perspective:
If something can happen, it will happen, if there is a higher chance
something can happen more often, then it will happen more often, though
not necessaryly at the time the observer expects it

--
MPH
http://blog.dcuktec.com