Problem w/ mysqldump

Nitebirdz nitebirdz at sacredchaos.com
Wed Sep 2 11:48:30 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 02, 2009 at 08:43:22AM -0400, Victor Subervi wrote:

> Obviously I'm sure. It created the file. But the file was blank. How can I
> do a mysqldump in mysql itself?

As I said, I only got a blank file when the actual command itself
failed.  How do you dump the MySQL database itself without using Python?
Just run the 'mysqldump' command from the prompt.  Is that what you are
asking?

Are you running this on Windows?  What OS?  You do have the 'mysqldump'
command available from the shell prompt and in your path, right?