obscure problem using elementtree to make xhtml website

Lee hogney at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 10:34:47 EDT 2009

I went with a space, but a comment is a better idea.

I only mention the <script> tag in my article, for brevity, but I had
the same problem with the <object> tag: basically any tag that can
have content in html you had better close the html way (<tag></tag>),
or IE will see it as unclosed and will not display the rest of the
page after the tag (or do something else unexpected). Not a bug in IE
(this time), which is correctly parsing the file as html.

Lee