First release of pyfsevents

Aahz aahz at
Thu Sep 3 22:33:21 CEST 2009

[posted to with cc in e-mail, reply to group preferred]

In article <mailman.908.1251986896.2854.python-announce-list at>,
Nicolas Dumazet  <python-list at> wrote:
>I am proud to announce the first release of pyfsevents, a C extension
>providing a Python interface to the FSEvents API.
>FSEvents is an Apple framework for Mac OS X >=3D 10.5 allowing
>monitoring of file system events on Mac OS platforms.

I'm curious why you went with FSEvents rather than kqueue.  My company
discovered that FSEvents is rather coarse-grained: it only tells you that
there has been an event within a directory, it does *not* tell you
anything about the change!
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Look, it's your affair if you want to play with five people, but don't
go calling it doubles."  --John Cleese anticipates Usenet