How to access ODBC databases ?

Martin P. Hellwig martin.hellwig at dcuktec.org
Sun Sep 6 08:23:21 EDT 2009

Timothy Madden wrote:
<cut>

> Thank you.
>
> The precompiled psqlodbca.so driver from apt-get worked on one of the
> Ubuntu machines that I tried.
>
> I would still like o use the Unicode driver if possible. Do you know
> what the problem could be ? Or where ? pyodbc/unixODBC/psqlodbcw.so ?
>
> Thank you,
> Timothy Madden

It has been a couple of years, but I remember vaguely that back in the
days of PossgreSQL 6, if you want ODBC support you needed to compile PG
a bit different then normal, I am not really sure what options those
where and if this still applies, I decided to not use ODBC because it
resulted in an undesirable effect somewhere else. Though I am not sure
if that is still the case.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

--
MPH