using python interpreters per thread in C++ program

MRAB python at
Mon Sep 7 14:50:07 CEST 2009

sturlamolden wrote:
> On 7 Sep, 13:53, ganesh <ganeshbo... at> wrote:
>> I need to use these to get the proper concurrency in my multi-threaded
>> application without any synchronization mechanisms.
> Why will multiple interpreters give you better concurrency? You can
> have more than one thread in the same interpreter.
> Here is the API explained:

CPython's GIL means that multithreading on multiple processors/cores has
limitations. Each interpreter has its own GIL, so processor-intensive
applications work better using the multiprocessing module than with the
threading module.