Help with cumulative sum

J. Cliff Dyer jcd at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Sep 8 16:05:13 EDT 2009

If I gave you a list of numbers, could you come up with a summifier
function that returns another list of numbers that are a cumulative sum?
You've got the information in place to create a file

def summifier(nums):
    """Returns a list of numbers that are the running
    sum totals of nums"""

    # ???

list_of_numbers = [1, 24, 34, 28, 4, 1]
cumulative_sum = summifier(list_of_numbers)
assert(cumulative_sum == [1, 25, 59, 87, 91, 92])

If you can come up with the summifier function, you're all set.  I gotta
say, though, this smells like homework.

Cheers,
Cliff