PyPI upload documentation

Dan Yamins dyamins at
Wed Sep 9 00:25:54 CEST 2009

Dear all:

I'm trying to upload documentation to the PyPI site for a project I'm
working on  (there's a "new feature" on the PyPI site that allows admins of
projects to upload a zip file of the pages of documentation.)

If you have admin access to a PyPI project, you can see this on the admin
page for that project, at the bottom.

However, it's failing do to what appears to be a permissions error.  When I
press "Upload documentation", I get the following error:

You don't have permission to access /tabular/ on this server.
Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.5.2
mod_wsgi/2.3 Server at Port 80

If anyone could clue me into what's going wrong, that would be great.

I know that this list might not be the right thing to write to -- I tried
writing to the webmester, but got only the automated reply.   If
there's a more appropriate list that I should write to instead, I'd be happy
to learn of it.