Python server locks up

Zac Burns zac256 at
Thu Sep 10 02:08:06 CEST 2009

> If it has been running continuously all that time then it might be that
> the dictionary has grown too big (is that possible?) or that it's a
> memory fragmentation problem. In the latter case it might be an idea to
> restart Python every so often; perhaps it could do that automatically
> during a "quiet time", eg at midnight every Sunday.
> --

I did some testing with the dictionary size and ruled that out. Memory
fragmentation is an interesting idea. Is there a way to check python's
fragmentation or run a defragment periodically?

My first thought there would be that a defragment would invalidate ids... err...

Zachary Burns
Aim - Zac256FL
Production Engineer (Digital Overlord)
Zindagi Games