Does python 3.1 support sybase module?

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Thu Sep 10 01:57:34 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Pravin<pravinchavan2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does python 3.1 support sybase module? It works fine with 2.5.
> I was getting following error while installing sybase module on python
> 3.1.
>
> bash-3.00$ python3.1 setup.py install
>  File "setup.py", line 248
>    maintainer=u"Sebastien Sable",
>                                ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

That's the old literal syntax for Unicode strings. In 3.x, Unicode
strings are the default and the 'u' prefix is no longer required.

Anyway, it's doubtful that a module not specifically ported to Python
3.0+ would work unmodified, given the many backwards-incompatible
changes that took place. Unless there's a Python 3.0+ specific version
of the library, you're probably out of luck for now.

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com