unicode + xml

Laurent Luce laurentluce49 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 10 19:24:07 EDT 2009

Still doesn't work from Windows Japanese python (2.6.2) to Django Python 2.5.2. Works fine from Linux python 2.5.2 to Django Python 2.5.2.

Here is the flow:

- post xml utf-8 encoded data from Windows client to Django server
- On server: pass raw_post_data to minidom.parseString() ---> throws exception

Here is the code I use to post data:

url = mysite
req = urllib2.Request(url)
req.add_header('Content-Type', 'text/xml; charset=utf-8')
opener.open(req, data.encode('utf-8'))

data is the xml data
opener is a urllib2 opener I create when user logs in.

Here is the code I use to receive the data:

dom = minidom.parseString(request.raw_post_data)

default charset on django side is utf-8.

Please advise. Thanks.

Laurent