Some issue with easy_install and PIL/Imaging

Chris Withers chris at
Fri Sep 11 15:49:50 CEST 2009

Klein Stéphane wrote:
> Resume :
> 1. first question : why PIL package in "pypi" don't work ?

Because Fred Lundh have his package distributions unfortunate names that
setuptools doesn't like...

> 2. second question : when I add PIL dependence in my and I do
>    "python develop", I've this error :
>    "error: Could not find required distribution Imaging".
>    Why ?

See above.

> Now, I add --find-links parameter to easy_install :

If you google harder, you'll find there are packagings of PIL that do
work with setuptools...