Problem with the inclusion of new files like lxml, django, numpy, etc.

joy99 subhakolkata1234 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 12:24:25 EDT 2009

On Sep 11, 10:19 pm, Robert Kern <robert.k... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2009-09-11 11:39 AM,joy99wrote:
>

> > Dear Group,
>
> > I am trying to download the following files,
> > a) lxml,
> > b) numpy,
> > c) scipy, and
> > d) django.
>
> > I am trying to include them in C\python26\Lib
>
> > But they are giving error report, as I am trying to use them by
> > importing.
>
> > I am using IDLE as GUI, my OS is WinXP SP2, and my Python version 2.6.
>
> > If any one suggest what is the problem, I am doing?
>
> Exactly what steps are you doing? Are you following the detailed installation
> instructions for each package? You cannot just download the packages and drop
> them into Lib. Exactly what errors are you seeing? Please copy-and-paste
> complete error messages; do not paraphrase.
>
> Do one package at a time, and write to each package's mailing list if you need
> help installing that package.
>
> --
> Robert Kern

>   that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had
>   an underlying truth."
>    -- Umberto Eco- Hide quoted text -

Dear Group,

The case for Django:

As I read the note for Django it says:

“How to install Django
This document will get you up and running with Django.
Install Python
Being a Python Web framework, Django requires Python.
It works with any Python version from 2.3 to 2.6….”
As Python is a prerequisite, I have already installed it and
successfully running.
The document further says, it needs a DBMS and as I am running
Python2.6 Sqllite is already installed.
It is said for the Windows system, “
1.	On Windows systems, the same result can be achieved by copying the
file django-trunk/django/bin/django-admin.py to somewhere on your
system path, for example C:\Python24\Scripts.
You don't have to run python setup.py install, because you've already
carried out the equivalent actions in steps 3 and 4.”
Now , there is a word about installing apache. Should I have to
install apache as Django is a web server.

Now, what I did.
i)	I have downloaded Django and it is a winrar file.
ii)	I have extracted it to C\Python26\Lib\site-packages.
iii)	I tried C\Python26\Scripts from command prompt it is coming upto
c:\python26> but as I am giving dir command or writing cd Scripts it
is giving a message “The system can not find path specified” and in
giving dir I am not seeing any Django file
iv)	In IDLE when I am giving the input
IDLE 2.6
>>> from django.db import models

I am getting the following error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    from django.db import models
ImportError: No module named django.db

What is the problem I am doing?
2) lxml:
I went to the site: http://codespeak.net/lxml/installation.html and
tried to read the paragraph >>MS WINDOWS. I have run the binary
distribution for Python2.6 from the site : http://users.skynet.be/sbi/libxml-python/
and tried the following command on IDLE
IDLE 2.6
>>> from lxml import etree
but it is giving me the error message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    from lxml import etree
  File "C:\Python26\lib\lxml\etree.py", line 7, in <module>
    __bootstrap__()
  File "C:\Python26\lib\lxml\etree.py", line 3, in __bootstrap__
    import sys, pkg_resources, imp
ImportError: No module named pkg_resources
But as I give
>>> from lxml import*
it is showing no error.

Is lxml inbuilt or got installed? But why etree command is not getting
executed, then?

I am trying to send the numpy and scipy problem in detail, soon.

Best Regards,
Subhabrata.