Odd/Weird errors with FTPLib

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Sun Sep 13 17:41:00 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 2:34 PM, Bakes <bakes at ymail.com> wrote:
> I am using a simple python script to download my logfiles. This is on
> a while loop, the logfile grows rapidly, so it is necessary for python
> to start downloading the new script as soon as it has finished the
> old.
>
> It works fine (for about 20 minutes), then crashes. I have removed a
> couple of excepts, and have narrowed the error down to a 'error_perm:
> 550 logfile.log: The data is invalid.' error.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem might be regarding this, and what I
> might do to fix it?

Including an actual code snippet and the full error traceback would help a lot.

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_FTP_server_return_codes ,
error code 550 translates to:
"Requested action not taken. File unavailable (e.g., file not found,
no access)."

Does the logfile get rotated or something, thus causing it to briefly not exist?

It might also help if you explain how your logfile system works.

Cheers,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com