Problem with the inclusion of new files like lxml, django, numpy, etc.

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Sep 14 08:40:20 EDT 2009

On 14 Sep, 04:46, alex23 <wuwe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> joy99 <subhakolkata1... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the problem I am doing?
>
> Following the wrong installation instructions?

The "wrong" instructions appear to come from this page:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/

Those instructions are really for Django core developers. Anyone not
actually working on Django itself should be looking here instead:

> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/install/#installing-offic...
>
> Unpacking a module somewhere _other_ than site-packages and running
> setup.py is a fairly common installation pattern with python.

Agreed. I don't understand why the download file would be a "winrar"
file, but I guess this is just Windows getting confused about the file
type.

Paul