Problem with the inclusion of new files like lxml, django, numpy, etc.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Sep 14 10:28:10 EDT 2009

Paul Boddie wrote:

> Agreed. I don't understand why the download file would be a "winrar"
> file, but I guess this is just Windows getting confused about the file
> type.

Windows does not know much about files types other that .exe, .bat,
except what programs you load tell it. I presume the file is .zip.
Different unzip programs will give .zip files different names. Some
names files after themselves. 7zip acts properly and calls .zip a 'zip
archive'. I suspect you have WinRar loaded and that it 'brands' the
files it decodes.