Problem with the inclusion of new files like lxml, django, numpy, etc.

Paul Boddie paul at
Mon Sep 14 14:40:20 CEST 2009

On 14 Sep, 04:46, alex23 <wuwe... at> wrote:
> joy99 <subhakolkata1... at> wrote:
> > What is the problem I am doing?
> Following the wrong installation instructions?

The "wrong" instructions appear to come from this page:

Those instructions are really for Django core developers. Anyone not
actually working on Django itself should be looking here instead:

> Unpacking a module somewhere _other_ than site-packages and running
> is a fairly common installation pattern with python.

Agreed. I don't understand why the download file would be a "winrar"
file, but I guess this is just Windows getting confused about the file