Why indentation is use to denote block of code?

TerryP bigboss1964 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 13:42:13 EDT 2009

> Not to be omega-rude and disrespectful either but if you think
> tradeoffs made in designing a language, such as the choice of
> indents or braces to denote blocks, are simple and obvious
> ones, then you are either a very stupid person, or are trying
> to vent your anger from the safety of a remote computer.

I did not say the choice of, I said the advantage and disadvantage of;
there is _quite a bit of difference_ between such statements. If I had
said the former, I would agree with you, but as I said the latter,
I'll remark thus: in use they become very apparent, to anyone whose
used much of either style.

Designing and using a language are different things.

On Sep 14, 3:38 pm, Andreas Waldenburger <use... at geekmail.INVALID>
wrote:
> Wow, dude. Easy. There was absolutely no reason for this kind of
> statement. The OP is probably just used to a certain way of programming
> and has a hard time adjusting. Some people are that way, so why not cut
> them some slack.

I'm not a person who believes in mincing words off the first date, so
I apologize (OP included) if my choice of words were too harsh.
There's no intention of attacking or defending anything, just of being
concise!

Two things I learned at an early age, a C programmer can write C in
any language - and making Adam into Eve is probably a bad idea.