ANN: Wing IDE 3.2.1 released
sdeibel at wingware.com
Mon Sep 14 18:28:06 CEST 2009
Wingware has released version 3.2.1 of Wing IDE, our integrated development
environment for the Python programming language. This is a bug fix release
that includes the following changes:
* Improved support for Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6)
* Support for x86_64 Python 2.4+ on OS X
* Support for Stackless Python 3.0 and 3.1
* Fixed Stackless Python support on 64-bit Linux
* Several other bug fixes; See the change log for details:
*Wing 3.2 Highlights*
Version 3.2 of Wing IDE includes the following new features not present
in Wing IDE 3.1:
* Support for Python 3.0 and 3.1
* Rewritten version control integration with support for Subversion, CVS,
Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Perforce (*)
* Added 64-bit Debian, RPM, and tar file installers for Linux
* File management in Project view (**)
* Auto-completion in the editor obtains completion data from live runtime
when the debugger is active (**)
* Perspectives: Create and save named GUI layouts and optionally automatically
transition when debugging is started (*)
* Improved support for Cython and Pyrex (*.pyx files)
* Added key binding documentation to the manual
* Added Restart Debugging item in Debug menu and tool bar (**)
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
(**)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal and Professional only.
The release also contains many other minor features and bug fixes; see the
change log for details: http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/3.2.1/CHANGELOG.txt
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and
require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly from
the product when launched. Wing IDE 101 can be used free of charge.
Wing IDE Pro 3.2.1 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/3.2
Wing IDE Personal 3.2.1 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-personal/3.2
Wing IDE 101 3.2.1 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-101/3.2
*About Wing IDE*
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming
language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence,
testing, version control, and search capabilities that reduce development and
debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand
and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is
the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature
set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed
for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for PPC or
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Wing IDE 3.2 supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x.
*Purchasing and Upgrading*
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Any 2.x license
sold after May 2nd 2006 is free to upgrade; others cost 1/2 the normal price
Upgrade a 2.x license: https://wingware.com/store/upgrade
Purchase a 3.x license: https://wingware.com/store/purchase
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the Python-list