VTK install

Gib gib.bogle at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 00:29:18 EDT 2009

As part of the MayaVi install, I need to install VTK.  Follwoing the
Enthought instructions, I went here:
http://cpbotha.net/2009/08/13/python-2-6-enabled-vtk-5-4-windows-binaries/
and installed vtk-5.4.  I modified the PATH and also created an
environment variable PYTHONPATH as directed, setting it to be C:
\Program Files\VTK\bin; C:\Program Files\VTK\lib\site-packages;
According to Botha's instructions, I should now be able to do 'import
vtk', but this doesn't work: no module named vtk.

Since VTK appears to be installed, I'm guessing that either the path
setting is wrong, or python is not using PYTHONPATH.  How can I check
that PYTHONPATH is being used?