Looking for a pure Python chart drawing module

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Wed Sep 16 10:12:06 EDT 2009

> PS:
> For those people that sugest use Blt. I use Blt a lot in linux and
> win32 but it is not port (yet) to TK8.5 so, it do not works with
> py2.6, and is really painfull to build in win32.
> Beside that, in order to use Blt, you need an instance of Tk running,
> ergo a XWindows running, an some times it is not the case for linux
> servers. In that cases I am using Mathplotlib, but a pure python
> solution will be GREAT!

We've been having some problems with Blt in various 64 bit versions of ubuntu. I
don't use it directly, but PMW does when it's available. I kept getting segfault
crashes opening up various dialogs. Googling eventually traced these to Blt.
Hacking the  PMW code to make PMW run without BLT was fairly easy and did cure
the problem.
--
Robin Becker