subprocess + python-daemon - bug/problem?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Sep 16 19:07:39 EDT 2009

Joel Martin <nospam at martintribe.org> writes:

> I'm running python-2.6.2 which supposedly has the fix for #1731717.
> However I still still the problem with subprocess after daemonizing.
> I've narrowed it down to just the setting of the SIGCLD signal.
>
> You can reproduce the problem thus (in 2.4.6, 2.5.4 and 2.6.2):
>
> import subprocess, signal
> signal.signal(signal.SIGCLD, signal.SIG_IGN)
> subprocess.Popen(['echo','foo']).wait()

This would be good to have in the bug report; please add this test case
to <URL:http://bugs.python.org/issue1731717> so the responsible parties
can reproduce the problem as you've shown.

> This patch allows python-daemon to work with subprocess:

Thank you, this *really* helps narrow down the problem. I don't know if
I'll simply be removing the handling as you suggest, but it certainly
makes the range of solutions much clearer.

--
 \      “The process by which banks create money is so simple that the |
  `\     mind is repelled.” —John Kenneth Galbraith, _Money: Whence It |