Shebang line problems and python

km srikrishnamohan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 01:07:48 EDT 2009

assuming that ur on linux/unix
and assuming that u have shebang line as #!/usr/bin/python in ur script
set permissions like this
chmod 755 myscript.py
and then run the script as ./myscripy.py
OR
simply run the python script as "python myscript.py" at the shell prompt
(note that this doesnt need shebang line in ur script file)

HTH,
Krishna