socket.MSG_WAITALL flag broken on Windows XP in Python 2.5.4?

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at
Thu Sep 17 19:40:18 CEST 2009

Wes McKinney wrote:
> I am running what is apparently a custom Python 2.5.4 (part of the
> Enthought Python Distribution) which should be identical to the one on
>, but is not. I contacted Enthought about the issue-- it can
> be worked around in the Pyro configuration for the time being.
> Thanks a lot for the debugging help,
> Wes

Alternatively you could 'fix' your python installation by editing the
in your stdlib, so that it deletes the MSG_WAITALL symbol after importing it from
the builtin _socket module.