How to install pysqlite?

Roman Gorbunov r.d.gorbunov at
Sat Sep 19 17:18:31 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to install pysqlite (Python interface to the SQLite). I
downloaded the file with the package (pysqlite-2.5.5.tar.gz). And I
did the following:

gunzip pysqlite-2.5.5.tar.gz
tar xvf pysqlite-2.5.5.tar
cd pysqlite-2.5.5
python install

At the last step I have a problem. I get the following error message:

I found that other peoples also had this problem. For example here:

As far as I understood in the person had a problem because sqlite2 was
not installed. But in my case, I have sqlite3 (I can run it from
command line).

May be I should change some paths in "setup.cfg"? At the moment I have

And if I type "which sqlite3" I get:

Can anybody pleas help me with that problem.

Thank you in advance.