Non-deprecated equivalent of rfc822.AddressList

Aahz aahz at
Mon Sep 21 17:37:39 CEST 2009

In article <mailman.209.1253544558.2807.python-list at>,
Jason Tackaberry  <tack at> wrote:
>On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 14:49 -0400, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
>> Since the rfc822 module was removed in Python 3, and is deprecated in
>> 2.3, I am obviously trying to avoid using it.
>> But I'm having a hard time finding an equivalent to rfc822.AddressList
>> in the email module, which I want to use to parse a _list_ of addresses:
>> Is there some non-deprecated method I can use to parse an RFC 2822
>> address list?
>No takers?  Should I file a bug?

Maybe try email-sig at
Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"I won't accept a model of the universe in which free will, omniscient
gods, and atheism are simultaneously true."  --M