Combining sets/dictionaries

Alfons Nonell-Canals alfons.nonell at upf.edu
Tue Sep 22 06:08:17 EDT 2009

Hello,
I have different sets/dictionaries/lists (whatever you want because I
can convert them easily) and I would like to combine them. I don't want
a consensus and something like it. I'd need to combine all elements of
the first one with the all elements of the second one and third,... the
numbers of dictionaries/sets/lists is variable as the number of elements
for each one.

For example, i have the following sets and I would like to obtain all
possible combinations...

['I', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['I', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['I', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['I', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['I', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['F', 'I', 'L', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'R', 'C']
['I', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['I', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'C']
['F', 'I', 'L', 'O', 'N', 'P', 'S', 'R', 'C']

And it should be flexible because as I've said, the number of
dictionaries/lists/sets is not always the same, as the number of elements.

I don't like to ask this kid of questions but... today I'm totally lost
and I need it to close one part of a nice project...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Alfons.

--