Python-Qt problem with pyuic4

Threader Slash threaderslash at
Thu Sep 24 00:34:29 CEST 2009

Hello Everybody....

I have used Qt Designer to generate a basic GUI. The file saved from Qt
Designer I named it myGUI.ui .

Now, I have to generate from myGUI.ui the To get this done, we
must run pyuic4, directly or via or Make PyQt. I tried to get it
done, so went into the Py25 console:

pyuic4 -o C:\dev\prgr\src\ C:\dev\prgr\src\myGUI.ui

Then to be sure, I moved the file myGUI.ui to the folder where is found the
pyuic4, and run again...

pyuic4 -o myGUI.ui

I didn't figure out how to get it running.

I googled around and didn't find much useful material or any practical
example/setup on internet <> about
how to put the pyuic4 to generate the

Of course the better would be to run pyuic4 directly from the Eclipse
which I have integrated and compiling Python 2.5 and 2.6. However, no way is

What I am doing wrong, or what is missing here?

All comments or suggestions are mostly appreciated.