Intercepting binding?

Thu Sep 24 05:20:52 EDT 2009

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:10:10 -0700, andrew cooke wrote:

> these are valid points, but in practice the main use (for the restricted
> application i care about) is si,ple variables, and this is an "optional
> extra" to help the user, so it's OK if it only works sometimes.  at the
> moment i'd be happy with any half-baked unreliable solution that is
> transparent...

Speaking as a user (although not of Andrew's domain specific language),
I'd like to say to developers PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try to "help me"
with half-baked unreliable solutions that only work sometimes.

There's few things worse than unreliable tools that break just when
you've come to rely on them.

--
Steven